Coke Studio Season 2Coke Studio Africa is a music television series produced by the Coca-Cola Company featuring live studio-recorded music performances by various artists. The one of a kind music show brings together artists from different genres, eras and regions to create a modern and authentic sound through musical fusion. The purpose of Coke Studio is to reinvent the way music can capture the spirit of a nation, opening hearts and minds, and of course, Happiness. Here are the profiles of artists from the upcoming Season 2.
Collaborating with: Shaa
- Jackie is one of Uganda’s leading female R’n’B artists and vocalists.
- She kicked off her musical career in 2004 after she emerged as one of the winners for the Coca Cola Pop stars. This led to formation of the Blu 3, which became one of the leading girl groups in Africa. In 2010 Blu 3 went on leave thus leading to the girls working on solo projects.
- In mid 2010, Jackie released her first single Agassi in both Lugbara (her native language) and English. This song has earned recognition in as a solo artist and earned her an award Best r’n’b single in the just ended Diva awards.
- She has continued to release songs like Goin’ On ft Jose Chameleone, Gwoyagala ft Rabadaba, Overdose, For all time ft Sami from Eritrea, Bakusigula, Agassi, Stand Together ft Paul Mutebi of Limit X, Baazi Yo, Wind it Up ft Navio and Fidempa and so much more.
- She has worked with producers like Goodenuff Records, Swangz Ave, Paddy Man from Dream studios, Hanz from Hanz Production and Charlie King. Jackie is amongst few Ugandan musicians to have broken out of the local music scene and made an impact on the African music scene.
- Her music can be heard on Radio across Africa and their trendy high budget videos have enjoyed extensive airplay on major African networks MTV Base, Channel O and East African Television.
- Going On
- For all time
- Dirty Shame
- Don’t call his phone
- Stand together
- Gold Digger
Collaborating with: Jackie Chandiru
- In early 2004, under the group “WAKILISHA” of the East Africa Coca Cola Pop stars Shaa, who was then known by her birth name Sarah made her debut into the Tanzania music scene.
- With their hit single “Hoi”, Shaaand her fellow group members managed to win themselves a spot in the East Africa music industry.
- However, in 2005 Shaa left the group and went to USA to further her studies in another passion of hers, which is Art.
- It was during her studying period abroad, under the management of Wakilisha’s previous manager, Daniel Kiondo of Kiondo Communications International, that Shaa started working on her solo career.
- In October 2008 Shaa’s solo career finally kicked off when she landed herself a major record deal with a prominent record label in Tanzania, MJ Records.
- Under MJ Records, Shaa has managed to record and release many hits such as Zamu Yangu (meaning My Turn), Pambazuka, a track that also featured AY, Shoga (meaning My Friend), Crazyand many more.
- With those hits under her belt Shaa earned her first Tanzania Music Awards Nominations for best R&B artist in 2008, Best Female Vocalist and Best Female Artist in 2010 and Best Female Performer in 2011.
- She also earned herself her very first MAMA (MTV Base) Awards Nomination in the Best New Act Category in 2009 and a Channel O Music Awards Nomination in the Best East African Act Category in 2010 and the Best Afro-Pop Act in 2011 where she went head to head with acts such as J-Martins and Mr.Flavour from Nigeria.
- Although she didn’t manage to grab any of the awards her hard work finally paid off in late 2011 when her then hit “Shoga” won the Best Afro-Pop song in the MUSEKE Awards beating out some of Africa’s best such as D’banj and 2Face Idibia.
- Zamu Yangu
- Sugua gaga
Collaborating with: Flavour
- Victoria Kimani (born in LA, originally from Kenya) started writing, recording and performing at 16.
- Since then, Victoria Kimani has been back and forth between LA, ATL, NY and London working with top artists and producers, perfecting and developing her musical and visual craft as well as writing for all sorts of signed artists around the world.
- In 2009, she joined a duo called Club Embassy and signed to Los Angeles Laker Ron Artest, released a mixtape called Diplomatic Immunity hosted by 50 cent’sDJ Whoo Kid, it got over 250,000 downloads and created a lot of Industry buzz.
- In mid 2010, the duo split and began working on solo projects.Victoria has collaborated with Ron Browz, Maino, Jadakiss, DJ green Lantern, Busta Rhymes, Mario Winans, Cassie, Lloyd, A.I (Japanese superstar), Chris Brown, Diggy Simmons, Timati (Russian superstar) , Timbaland, White Nerd, Andy Chatterly, Pete “Boxta” Martin, Devyne Stevens, Konvict Music, Space Cowboy, Dawaun Parker, Diane Warren, Bamboo, Kimya, and countless other producers and artists worldwide. Victoria is now working on her debut album.
- In 2010,she performed a cover of Ice Prince’s hit song “OLEKU” and from this caught the attention of Chocolate city executives.
- By the end of 2012, Victoria was signed on as Chocolate City Kenya’s first lady and has since been relocated to Kenya.
- The fast rising singing sensation has a reality web series “THE RISE OF QUEEN VICTORIA”.
Collaborating with: Victoria Kimani
- Better known by his stage name Flavour N’abania, or simply Flavour, is a Nigerian recording artist, dancer, songwriter, and performer.
- Well known for his ability to sing fluently in the Igbo language, Flavour began his musical career as a drummer at the age of 13 for a local church in his hometown of Enugu State.
- The resident pastor at his church introduced him to a friend, Chris I Ordor, the CEO of Sound City Communications, who invited Flavour to join the company on an educational scholarship to study music in 1996.
- He started playing the drums professionally and in 1999 started playing the keyboard and also used to provide backing vocals for other musicians at Sound City. At the age of 19, Flavour emerged to the Nigeria’s musical scene after receiving an offer to perform at City Centre, Enugu.
- He is currently signed to 2nite Entertainment Music Label.
- In 2005, he released his self-titled debut album N’abania. Flavour later released his second studio albumUplifted in 2010.
- It was supported by the singles “Nwa Baby (Ashawo Remix)”, “Adamma”, and “Oyi Remix”. The album’s success made Flavour one of Africa’s most sought out artists.
- Flavour is popularly known across Africa and the world for his massive club banger “Nwa Baby (Ashawo Remix)”.
What's your reaction?
You might also like
Last Thursday; November 3, 2016, the Jazz Evening with Johnnie Walker returned for its second last edition of the year at the swanky Guvnor Night Club in Kampala. The jazz genre has amassed an enthusiastic following and it is not very difficult to point [...]
[Image: Afrika News] The second edition of ‘Jazz on the Island’ will take place this weekend on Ssese island. We are firm in our belief of Ugandans grabbing every opportunity live and live large, and even more if it presents a chance to get [...]
The second edition of Roast and Rhyme took place on Sunday at Jahazi Pier in Munyonyo. The event, themed ‘Soul on Strings’ brought together music, beer and meat in a fun packed combo. The setting featured a comfortable and cozy environment bringing people [...]
As we get closer to what is most likely to be the concert of the year, Tusker Malt Lager gave revelers something to look forward to as they hosted a Kool & The Gang listeners’ party at Liquid Silk. Powered by Tusker Malt Lager and organized by Talent [...]
After a massive success over the last two years, La’Tenak International is proud to announce the return of The Kampala Beer Festival on Saturday the 26th of November, 2016. The Kampala Beer festival is back for its third edition! The festival, under this [...]
Isaiah Katumwa, Myko Ouma and Swahili Nation to curtain raise for Kool & The Gang. Top Ugandan artistes have been selected to curtain raise at the upcoming Kool & The Gang concert in Kampala on the 12th November at the Kololo Airstrip Grounds. [...]
The Pearl Rhythm Festival is back and will feature some of Uganda’s most prominent world music artists come Saturday, October 29, 2016 at the Uganda National Cultural Centre from 10:00am to Midnight. Among the artists that will feature are: Happy Kyazze, [...]